Please read the detailed guidelines in the menu by clicking on the Exercise program tab before commencing the training session.
Exercise instruction for the advanced cardio circuit:
- A 2-minute warm-up is included.
- There are 8 exercises in 1 round and each of them is 30 seconds long.
- Rest 0-60 seconds between exercises, according to your fitness level.
- To complete the workout you will need to do 3 rounds.
- The workout takes 20-25 minutes depending on how much rest you need between rounds.
- A 2-minute stretch/ cool down included.
- If any of the exercises are causing pain in your joints or lower back, select one of the following options:
- listen to the instructions on how to do them correctly to avoid pain
- change to the alternatives provided with some of the exercises
- repeat the previous exercise
- skip it and move to the next one
- Start with the feet shoulder width apart, jump up high raising the arms above the head and pulling the stomach in
- Then put the hands on the floor, jump or walk back into a push-up position if you are a beginner and return to the starting point
2. Caterpillar and jump
- Feet shoulder width apart walk the hands out into a push-up position keeping the stomach in the whole time to protect your back
- Then walk back in and jump up high raising the arms above the head
- The aim is to do as many as you can to bring the heart rate up as long as the form is good
3. Speed skaters
- Jump side to side landing softly on the balls of your feet
- Keep your stomach in and chest up
- Bend the legs as you throw one leg behind keeping your hips square and using the arms to help with your balance
4. Mountain climbers
- Get into a push-up position, pull your stomach in the whole time to protect your lower back
- Bring your alternate knees to your chest with or without a skip if you are a beginner
- The aim is to do as many as you can to bring the heart rate up
5. Tuck jumps
- Start with a jump bringing the knees as high as you can then land softly on the balls of your feet
- If you are a beginner, you can change to hop on the spot instead
- If you have a weak bladder, keep your pelvic floor muscles switched on and stomach in the whole time
6. Star jumps
- Chest up, stomach in, jump up in a star shape by moving your feet and arms apart
- If you have a weak bladder, keep the legs closer together or tap the feet side to side instead
7. Reverse burpees
- Start with a jump raising your arms above the head, then sit back placing your hands on the ground
- Swing yourself up helping with the hands if you are a beginner or without and jump up high
- If you find these hard, try crossing your legs on the way up and keep your belly button sucked in
8. Plank walk side to side
- On your elbows, arms shoulder width apart, keeping your back straight, hips square
- Walk your feet side to side or move your knees in the same direction if you are a beginner
- If you feel any pain in your lower back, you can change to a plank on your knees instead