Please read the detailed guidelines in the menu by clicking on the Exercise program tab before commencing the training session.
- A 2-minute warm-up is included.
- There are 8 exercises in 1 round and each of them is 30 seconds long.
- Rest 0-60 seconds between exercises, according to your fitness level.
- To complete the workout you will need to do 3 rounds.
- The workout takes 20-25 minutes depending on how much rest you need between rounds.
- A 2-minute stretch/ cool down included.
- If any of the exercises are causing pain in your joints or lower back, select one of the following options:
- listen to the instructions on how to do them correctly to avoid pain
- change to the alternatives provided with some of the exercises
- repeat the previous exercise
- skip it and move to the next one
1. Squats side step
- Feet shoulder width apart start with a squat stepping out to one side then to the other
- Stomach in, chest up, shoulder blades together
- You can try the deep squats if you have no knee, hip or back pain by bringing your bottom all the way down
2. Shuffle side to side
- Run sideways, then change and run to the other side
- Keep your chest up and stomach in the whole time
- Land softly on your feet with a slight bend in your knees
- If you don’t have much space, you can run on the spot instead
3. Walking lunges (arms up)
- Step forward, bending both legs 90 degrees so the front knee is just above the toes and the back knee gets close to the ground but not touching
- Arms are up or behind your head then step forward with the other leg
- If you are struggling with balance, you can hold on to a steady chair in front of you
4. Sumo squat jumps
- Feet wide, toes pointing out and the knees following the direction of the toes
- Start with a sumo squat as low as you can then jump up high keeping the feet in the same place and repeat
5. Leg curls double
- Hands and one or both feet on the ground, hips up high like a table top
- Lower your butt to the ground but not touching, keeping your core engaged
- As you lift your hips up, squeeze your glutes and push your heels into the ground as hard as you can so you feel it working at the back of the legs
6. Squat jumps in and out
- Feet shoulder width apart start with a squat by jumping the feet in and out
- Keep the stomach in, chest up and shoulder blades together
- If you find these easy, you can do full squat jumps by bringing your bottom all the way down
7. Split squats
- A big step forward bending both legs 90 degrees
- Hands on your hips or holding on to a steady chair
- Pump the legs up and down in a small range of motion keeping the chest up then swap legs halfway
- If you find these hard, you can change to split squats instead
8. Butt kicks
- Start with running on the spot bringing your heels to your butt cheeks
- Keep your head up, shoulder blades together and stomach in
- Land softly on the balls of your feet and go as fast as you can to keep the heart rate up