Implementing Lesson 15:
If you were able to follow all of the lessons and implement all the tools and you are finally balanced, free from emotional eating and confident in your ability to control your actions related to food then you can track your progress implement the following steps:
- Once you learn to look at your weight and food objectively then you can weigh yourself daily or weekly and it won’t make any difference how you feel however it will help you track your progress and make adjustments accordingly.
- Don’t weight yourself, if the scales are going to make you feel depressed and then lead to more binging.
- Understand that it is perfectly natural for the weight to fluctuate 0.5-1kg up and down depending on how much fluids you had, how much sleep you had, what you ate for dinner and if you have your period.
- When you are making adjustments, you are simply doing more of what works and less of what doesn’t work.
- If it feels like the emotions want to take over, try and regulate yourself with logical data.
If you are stuck and cannot move forward, implement these steps:
- Complete the Overcoming obstacles questionnaire
- If you are too busy to take action, then create the time you need to get the results you want by removing things from your life that will not help you to move forward: watch less tv, cut back on your social life, less or no social media, try waking up earlier or staying up a couple of hours longer.
- Unsubscribe from every email list, delete all the apps from your phone especially social media, stop texting, remove all notifications from your phone, etc.
- Make a list of things you need to do on a daily basis, number them by priorities and then prepare a daily schedule.